About Our Club
The Eastchester Rotary Club was founded in 1963 and is one of 32,462 Rotary Clubs in 168 countries representing 1.2 million individual members.
Our mission is "Service Above Self" land we follow the Five Avenues of Service which aare Rotary's philosophical corner stone and the foundation upon which our club's activities are based
- Club Service - to strengthen fellowship and ensure effective functioning of the club.
- Vocational Service - to encourage service to others through a Rotarian's vocation and the priactice of high ethical standards.
- Community Service - to improve life in our community via projects and activities the club undertakes
- International Service -to expand Rotary;s humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace through club actions..
- New Generations Service - to recognize the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities, involvement in community and international service projects, and exchange programs that enrich and foster world peace and cultural understanding.
Funds to support our service programs are generated at our weekly meetings and by our vaious fund raising efforts throughout the year. Our premier event is the annual golf outing. Members, businesses and individuals who participate in these special events have helped the Eastchester Rotary to do the following;
- Locally: Support and mentor High School students through Interact, Rotary's youth leadership program. Rotary provides scholarships to graduating seniors at Eastchester and Tuckahoe High Schools. Rotary has provided Turkeys to local families with the help of the ECAP; schools backpacks to the Andrus Children Center; helped to beautify our Town with a gazebo in the Park across from Town Hall; gave the 9/11 Memorial Clock on the grounds of Town Hall.
- Nationally: Provided a truck load of needed supplies and mobile housing units to Hurricane Katrina victims in Nre Orleans and a $5,000 grant to the Staten Island Rotary Clubs for the relief of Hurricane Sandy.
- Internationally: Provide life saving heart operations to child in developing countries here in Westchester through The Gift of Life Project; we give support to the parent and child during their six week stay by taking then to the doctors, visitations while in the hospital and provide for the child well being after the operation; provided vitamin A to prevent blindness in the Philippines; support water purification program in South America; aided in the building of a school in South Africa; and continually provide financial aid to eradicate Polio through Rotary International Polio Plus program.
Rotarians always keep in mind the "Four Way Test" for the things we think, say or do; Is it the Truth; is it Fair to all concerned; will it build Good Will and Better Friendships; Will it be Beneficial to all concerned.
The Eastchester Rotary club thanks you for your partnership in supporting all our endeavors.